Crispy, flaky, and filled with apple goodness. The kids will love to help make these apple pies over the campfire with pie irons.
· 2 pie crust doughs
· 20 oz apple pie filling, about one can
1. Keep the pie dough cold in the cooler until you’re ready to use it. Unroll the dough, smooth out any cracks, and cut out two squares about the size of the pie iron.
2. Add a spoonful of the apple pie filling onto one of the squares.
3. Top with the other piece of pie dough.
4. Using a fork, crimp the edges of the dough together. Place the pie pocket into your pie iron. You can use a spatula to lift the pie pocket if needed.
5. Heat over the campfire for 10-15 minutes, rotating the pie iron frequently. Once done, the filling should be hot and the pie dough golden brown and flaky!
6. Carefully remove the pie from the pie iron, let it cool for a few minutes, and serve. Repeat this process for the remaining dough and filling.
Source: “Campfire Apple Pies”. Recipe. www.amandaoutside.com. N.p. Web. 10 Jan. 2023.
By Recipe Contributor
Here are a few items for the kitchen that may help with this amazing recipe: Measuring utensils, Large baking sheet, wooden spoon Products you buy through our links may earn us a commission which allows us to bring you more great travel content and giveaways.