Favorite Quinoa Salad
Pack this salad in a reusable container and bring a TSA-approved spoon or fork to enjoy it on your next flight!
· 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed in a fine-mesh colander
· 2 cups water
· 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained, or 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas
· 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
· 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
· ¾ cup chopped red onion (from 1 small red onion)
· 1 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley (from 1 large bunch)
· ¼ cup olive oil
· ¼ cup lemon juice (from 2 to 3 lemons)
· 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
· 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
· ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
· Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. To cook the quinoa: Combine the rinsed quinoa and the water in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then decrease the heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook, uncovered, until the quinoa has absorbed all the water, about 15 minutes, reducing heat as time goes on to maintain a gentle simmer. Remove from heat, cover, and let the quinoa rest for 5 minutes, to give it time to fluff up.
2. In a large serving bowl, combine the chickpeas, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, and parsley. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, and salt. Whisk until blended, then set aside.
4. Once the quinoa is mostly cool, add it to the serving bowl, and drizzle the dressing on top. Toss until the mixture is thoroughly combined. Season with black pepper, to taste, and add an extra pinch of salt if necessary. For best flavor, let the salad rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
5. This salad keeps well in the refrigerator, covered, for about 4 days. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Source: “Favorite Quinoa Salad”. Recipe. www.cookieandkate.com. N.p. Web. 18 Apr. 2023.
By Recipe Contributor
Did we miss one of your favorites? Reach out to WinniWanderer@winni.com or follow us on our Instagram or Facebook page.
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!