Jamaican Jerk Chicken
Savory and spicy is the flavor palate for this Jamaican Jerk Chicken.
1. 5 lb chicken leg quarters
2. 2 tbsp accent seasoning
3. 2 tbsp Greek seasoning
4. 3 tbsp Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning Blend Salt-Free
5. 4 garlic cloves minced
6. 2 tbsp walkers wood traditional jerk seasoning sauce
7. 2 tbsp kitchen bouquet browning sauce
8. Salt to taste
• 1 cup ketchup
• 1 cup pineapple juice
• 1 cup barbecue sauce
• 1 tbsp walker’s wood traditional jerk seasoning sauce
1. Once the chicken is cleaned and dried, poke holes into the chicken and place it in a bowl.
2. Massage the chicken with the accent seasoning, Greek seasoning, Mrs. Dash seasoning, minced garlic, Walker's wood jerk seasoning and lastly the kitchen bouquet browning seasoning. Cover the chicken with saran wrap and refrigerate overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F and let the chicken sit at room temperature uncovered for 20-30 minutes.
4. Place the chicken in a baking dish and bake for 1.5 hours. Flip the chicken over and cook for an additional one hour or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 F
5. To make the pineapple sauce, mix the ketchup, pineapple juice, barbecue sauce, and 1 tbsp of walker’s wood traditional jerk seasoning sauce.
6. Brush the chicken with the pineapple sauce and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
7. Serve the chicken with fresh cilantro, lime wedges, pineapple sauce, and white rice, if desired. Enjoy!
Source: “Jamaican Jerk Chicken” Recipe. cookedbyjulie.com. N.p., Jun. 2020. Web. 10 Aug. 2022
By Karen O'Brien
Did we miss one of your favorites? Reach out to WinniWanderer@winni.com or follow us on our Instagram or Facebook page.