Have the best dog ever? Reward them with these peanut butter and pumpkin treats made with love.
· 2 ½ cups whole wheat flour
· 2 large eggs
· ½ cup canned pumpkin
· 2 tablespoons peanut butter
· ½ teaspoon salt
· ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 1 teaspoon water, or more if necessary (Optional)
1. Gather all ingredients.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3. Combine flour, eggs, pumpkin, peanut butter, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl; stir with a spatula until combined.
4. Transfer mixture to a work surface and work it with your hands until mixture starts to come together. Add 1 teaspoon water at a time (only if needed) to help make the dough workable, but don't add too much as it should be dry and stiff.
5. Roll the dough to a thickness of 1/2 inch.
6. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces and transfer to a baking sheet.
7. Bake in the preheated oven until dog treats are golden brown and crunchy, about 40 minutes. Let cool before serving to your dog.
Source: “Homemade Dog Treats (Peanut Butter & Pumpkin)”. Recipe. www.allrecipes.com. N.p. 6 Mar. 2023. Web. 21 June 2023.
By Recipe Contributor
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!