Great as a side for a hearty soup, this Swiss beer bread will be a family favorite!
· 4 ounces Jarlsberg or Swiss cheese
· 3 cups all-purpose flour
· 3 tablespoons sugar
· 3 teaspoons baking powder
· 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
· 1/2 teaspoon pepper
· 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
· 2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Divide cheese in half. Cut half into 1/4-in. cubes; shred the remaining cheese. In a large bowl, combine the next 5 ingredients. Stir beer into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cubed and shredded cheese.
2. Transfer to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Drizzle with butter. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 50-60 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Source: “Swiss Beer Bread”. Recipe. www.tasteofhome.com. N.p. 3 Feb. 2023. Web. 5 June 2023
By Recipe Contributor
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!