These tasty crackers are great for a snack with cheese or to compliment a hot bowl of chili next to the campfire.
· 1 ⅔ cups vegetable oil
· 2 (1 ounce) envelopes ranch dressing mix
· 3 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
· 1 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1 teaspoon onion powder
· ½ teaspoon black pepper
· 1 (16.5 ounce) package multigrain saltine crackers
1. Place vegetable oil, ranch dressing mix, crushed red pepper flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper in a 2-gallon resealable plastic bag. Seal the bag and squeeze with your hands until oil and spices are well combined.
2. Place crackers into the bag, seal, and turn the bag over to coat crackers with spice mix. Let sit for about 1 hour, then turn again. Repeat several times until crackers are well-coated with spice mix, then allow the bag to sit 8 hours to overnight. Remove crackers and serve.
Source: “Alabama Fire Crackers”. Recipe. www.allrecipes.com. N.p. 14 Nov. 2022. Web. 10 Oct. 2023.
By Recipe Contributor
Products you buy through our links may earn us a commission which allows us to bring you more great travel content and giveaways.
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!