Make this ahead of the busy week and heat it up for an on-the-go breakfast.
· 2 eggs
· 2 cups milk (or milk alternative)
· 1 cup maple syrup (or brown sugar)
· 2 teaspoons sea salt
· 2 teaspoons baking powder
· 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
· ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
· 6 cups quick oats
· 2 apples, diced into ½-inch pieces
· ½ cup pecans, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F with a rack in the center position. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Add the milk, maple syrup, salt, baking powder, vanilla, coconut oil, oats, apples, and pecans, and stir to combine.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown and no longer jiggly.
Note: Make this oatmeal ahead and eat it for breakfast all week! Just warm it up and add milk.
Source: “Apple and Maple Baked Oatmeal”. Recipe. www.themodernproper.com. N.p. 23 Sept. 2016. Web. 17 Oct. 2023.
By Recipe Contributor
Products you buy through our links may earn us a commission which allows us to bring you more great travel content and giveaways.
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!