Savory sausage in a flaky crust, Australian Sausage Rolls are great for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a snack!
· 16 ounces Jimmy Dean Premium Pork Sausage (1 packages)
· 1 package frozen puff pastry
· 3/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
· 1/3 cup milk
· 1 teaspoon minced garlic
· 1/2 teaspoon paprika
· salt and pepper to taste
For the egg wash:
· 1 egg
· 1 tablespoon water
• Be sure to follow the directions on the puff pastry package so your dough is thawed properly and is ready to use.
• Preheat oven to 425˚F.
• Unfold dough onto a lightly floured surface. You should have 2 big squares. Cut each square in half to create 4 long rectangles.
• Combine the Jimmy Dean Premium Pork Sausage, breadcrumbs, milk, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper in a large bowl or food processor and mix until all the ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
• Divide the sausage mix evenly into 4 sections and make a long tube down each rectangle pastry.
• Roll the pastry up over the Jimmy Dean Premium Pork Sausage and pinch the seam together. Cut each roll into 4 sections.
• Place the sections on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a baking sheet.
• Mix the egg wash together and brush each roll with it. Then sprinkle on a little paprika (see picture below).
• Bake at 425˚F for only 5 minutes. Then reduce heat to 350˚F and bake 30-35 more minutes. Drain excess out of the pan part way through the baking time.
• The rolls should look puffed and golden and the sausage in the center should be cooked through.
• Remove from pan onto some paper towels to cool.
• These are traditionally eaten plain or dipped in ketchup. They are also delicious dipped in barbecue sauce, marinara, alfredo sauce, country gravy, and cheese sauce.
Source: “Australian Sausage Rolls”. Recipe. www.favfamilyrecipes.com. N.p. 22 Dec. 2022. Web. 21 Mar. 2023.
By Recipe Contributor
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!