Sorbet is a lighter, less-sweet alternative to ice cream and highlights the flavor of the fruit.
· 16 oz blackberries (2 cups)
· 4 oz water (½ cup)
· 4 oz granulated sugar (½ cup)
· ⅛ teaspoon table salt
1. If using, frozen berries, they should be defrosted. Puree 16 oz blackberries with 4 oz water.
2. Strain the puree through a fine sieve to remove the seeds. You should have about 2 ¼ cups of puree.
3. Add 4 oz granulated sugar and ⅛ teaspoon table salt and stir until the sugar is melted. Taste the puree and add up to another ¼ cup of sugar if needed.
4. Refrigerate until the mix is very cold, at least 3-4 hours or overnight.
5. Run in your ice cream machine according to the manufacturer's directions. (See Note)
Pack into a plastic container, cover the surface with plastic wrap, cover and freeze overnight.
Source: “Blackberry Sorbet”. Recipe. www.baking-sense.com. N.p. 1 July 2023. Web. 26 July 2023.
By Recipe Contributor
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!