Sweet blueberry filling with an eye-catching, delicious lattice top make these Blueberry Lattice Bars a favorite treat!
· 1-1/3 cups butter, softened
· 2/3 cup sugar
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1 large egg, room temperature
· 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
· 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
· 1 cup sugar
· 3 tablespoons cornstarch
1. Cream butter, sugar, and salt until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes; beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Divide dough in half; shape each half into a 1-in.-thick rectangle. Wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 375°. Place blueberries, sugar, and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Cool slightly.
3. Roll each portion of dough between 2 sheets of waxed paper into a 14x10-in. rectangle. Place rectangles on separate baking sheets; freeze until firm, 5-10 minutes. Place 1 rectangle in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan, pressing onto bottom and about 1/2 in. up the sides. Add filling.
4. Cut the remaining rectangle into 1/2-in. strips; freeze 5-10 minutes to firm. Arrange strips over filling in crisscross fashion. If desired, press the edges with a fork to seal strips. Bake until the top crust is golden brown, 30-35 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Source: “Blueberry Lattice Bars”. Recipe. www.tasteofhome.com. N.p. 3 May 2023. Web. 17 May 2023.
By Recipe Contributor
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!