These breakfast burritos are an easy, make-ahead, filling breakfast that can be frozen too!
· 2 Tablespoons olive oil
· 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
· 1 ½ cup frozen cubed hash browns
· ¼ cup yellow onion finely diced
· ¼ cup green or red bell pepper or a combination, finely diced
· 8 large eggs lightly beaten
· Salt and pepper to taste
· 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
· 1 cup shredded Mexican or Monterey jack cheese
· 8 10-inch flour tortillas
FOR SERVING: (all optional)
· sour cream
· chopped cilantro
· chopped green onions
COOK BURRITO FILLINGS:
· Heat oil in a large 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until simmering.
· Cook hash browns until golden brown, then remove them from the pan onto a paper towel-lined plate.
· Add sausage, onion, and peppers to the skillet and cook until no pink remains. Drain off the grease.
· Add the hash browns back to the pan.
· Pour the lightly beaten eggs into the skillet and cook until they are set, stirring frequently.
· Add salt and pepper to taste.
· Remove the burrito filling from the heat.
· Heat each tortilla in the microwave for 8-10 seconds to make it easier to roll.
· Spoon the filling onto the bottom ⅓ of each tortilla.
· Sprinkle with cheese.
· Fold the sides and then the ends over and roll up the burrito as tightly as possible.
· Serve immediately or freeze the burritos.
Source: “Breakfast Burritos”. Recipe. www.easybudgetrecipes.com. N.p. 14 Nov. 2022. Web. 14 Mar. 2023.
By Recipe Contributor
Did we miss one of your favorites? Reach out to WinniWanderer@winni.com or follow us on our Instagram or Facebook page.
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!