This beautiful tart is perfect to serve with brunch or as dessert to a cozy fall meal.
· 1 1/2 cups (170g) King Arthur Pastry Flour Blend
· 1/4 cup (28g) confectioners' sugar
· 1/4 teaspoon table salt
· 8 tablespoons (113g) unsalted butter, cold
· 1 large egg yolk, reserve the white for the filling
· 2 tablespoons (28g) water, cold
· 8 tablespoons (113g) unsalted butter, soft
· 1/2 cup (99g) granulated sugar
· 1/4 teaspoon table salt
· 1 1/4 cups (120g) King Arthur Almond Flour
· 1/4 cup (28g) King Arthur Pastry Flour Blend
· 1 large egg
· 1 large egg white
· 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
· 1/4 cup (80g) raspberry jam
· 1/2 cup (43g) almonds, sliced
To make the crust:
1. Combine the flour, confectioners’ sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. Cut the butter into 1/2” cubes and scatter over the flour mixture. Work the butter into the flour – using your fingers, a pastry cutter, or fork – until the mixture looks sandy.
3. Add the egg yolk along with the water, gently incorporating them into the flour-butter mixture to form a cohesive dough.
4. On a lightly floured work surface roll the dough into a 12” circle. Gently transfer the dough circle to a 9” tart pan, pressing it into the corners. Trim the dough with kitchen scissors so that you’re left with just 1/2” of overhanging dough around the perimeter of the tart. Fold the overhang down to reinforce the sides of the pastry then use the tines of a fork to poke holes across the bottom.
5. Freeze the crust for 30 minutes. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 400°F.
6. Line the crust with parchment or foil and fill with pie weights, rice, or your favorite blind-baking weights.
7. Bake the crust on a baking sheet (to catch any butter drips) with the weights for 20 minutes then remove the parchment or foil with the weights and bake for 5 to 10 minutes longer, until the edges and bottom of the crust are lightly golden.
8. Remove the crust from the oven and allow it to cool while you prepare the filling.
9. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F.
To make the filling:
1. Beat together the butter, sugar, and salt until pale and fluffy. Stir in the flours, whole egg, egg white, and almond extract. Set aside.
2. Spread the raspberry jam evenly into the bottom of the slightly cooled crust. Spoon the almond mixture over the jam. Gently spread it to the edges of the tart, and smooth out the surface. Sprinkle the sliced almonds evenly on top.
3. To bake the tart: Bake the tart for 35 to 40 minutes, until the top is golden brown, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
4. Remove the tart from the oven and allow it to cool completely on a rack. Serve at room temperature.
5. Store the tart, well covered, at room temperature for several days; freeze for longer storage.
Source: “British Almond Jam Tart”. Recipe. www.kingarthurbaking.com. N.p. Web. 13 Nov. 2023.
By Recipe Contributor
Products you buy through our links may earn us a commission which allows us to bring you more great travel content and giveaways.
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!