Broccoli Salad with Apples, Walnuts and Cranberries
Crisp and flavorful, this make-ahead broccoli salad is perfect for a day at the beach.
· 1 cup mayonnaise
· 2 tablespoons honey
· 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
· salt and pepper to taste
· 4 cups fresh broccoli florets cut into small pieces
· 1/2 cup dried cranberries
· 1 apple unpeeled and diced
· 1 cup walnuts coarsely chopped
· 1/2 cup diced red onion
· 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. In the bottom of a large mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, honey, apple cider vinegar, and salt and pepper until smooth.
2. Add the remaining ingredients; stir well to coat.
· This recipe can be served immediately, but the flavors improve after a few hours in the fridge. It will keep well for about 24 hours in the fridge- after that, it may be a bit soggy.
· You can substitute some or all of the mayonnaise with plain yogurt- regular or Greek will work fine. You may need to add a bit more than one cup, since it doesn’t have the same consistency as mayo.
· For a vegan version, use your favorite vegan mayo.
· For a nut-free version, use sunflower seeds instead of walnuts.
“Broccoli Salad with Apples, Walnuts and Cranberries”. Recipe. www.bowlofdelicious.com. N.p. 28 Aug. 2020. Web. 13 Dec. 2022.
By Recipe Contributor
Did we miss one of your favorites? Reach out to WinniWanderer@winni.com or follow us on our Instagram or Facebook page.