Crisp and flavorful, this make-ahead broccoli salad is perfect for a day at the beach.
· 1 cup mayonnaise
· 2 tablespoons honey
· 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
· salt and pepper to taste
· 4 cups fresh broccoli florets cut into small pieces
· 1/2 cup dried cranberries
· 1 apple unpeeled and diced
· 1 cup walnuts coarsely chopped
· 1/2 cup diced red onion
· 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. In the bottom of a large mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, honey, apple cider vinegar, and salt and pepper until smooth.
2. Add the remaining ingredients; stir well to coat.
· This recipe can be served immediately, but the flavors improve after a few hours in the fridge. It will keep well for about 24 hours in the fridge- after that, it may be a bit soggy.
· You can substitute some or all of the mayonnaise with plain yogurt- regular or Greek will work fine. You may need to add a bit more than one cup, since it doesn’t have the same consistency as mayo.
· For a vegan version, use your favorite vegan mayo.
· For a nut-free version, use sunflower seeds instead of walnuts.
“Broccoli Salad with Apples, Walnuts and Cranberries”. Recipe. www.bowlofdelicious.com. N.p. 28 Aug. 2020. Web. 13 Dec. 2022.
By Recipe Contributor