Warm, creamy, and cozy, this butternut soup is a fall comfort food that is sure to keep you warm on those brisk autumn nights. Serve as a starter or pair with some crusty bread and make it the star of your meal.
· 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
· 1 large yellow onion, chopped
· ½ teaspoon sea salt
· 1 (3-pound) butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
· 3 garlic cloves, chopped
· 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
· ½ tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
· 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
· 3 to 4 cups vegetable broth
· Freshly ground black pepper
· Chopped parsley
· Toasted pepitas
. Crusty bread
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, salt, and several grinds of fresh pepper and sauté until soft, 5 to 8 minutes. Add the squash and cook until it begins to soften, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes.
2. Add the garlic, sage, rosemary, and ginger. Stir and cook 30 seconds to 1 minute, until fragrant, then add 3 cups of the broth. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until the squash is tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Let cool slightly and pour the soup into a blender, working in batches if necessary, and blend until smooth. If your soup is too thick, add up to 1 cup more broth and blend. Season to taste and serve with parsley, pepitas, and crusty bread.
Source: “Butternut Squash Soup.” Recipe. www.loveandlemons.com. N. p. Web. 31 Aug. 2022.<https://www.loveandlemons.com/>
By Recipe Contributor