Hot Chocolate by a campfire is such a soothing way to end the day in the great outdoors but add some peanut butter whiskey and you have hot chocolate with a kick!
· campfire-safe saucepan
· marshmallow campfire sticks (optional)
· 8 ounces milk or use water
· 2 tablespoons hot chocolate mix or 1 packet
· 1-ounce peanut butter whiskey (plus more if desired) such as Screwball brand
· 2 large marshmallows, or handful of smaller (optional)
1. Warm milk in a campfire-safe pot over a campfire grate. Avoid using a pot with a plastic handle that could melt.
2. Alternatively, warm milk on a camp stove.
3 .Remove the milk from heat as soon as it begins to steam. Avoid bringing it to a boil. (Boiling milk could scald the bottom of your pot.
4. Stir in the hot chocolate mix until dissolved. Stir in the whiskey.
5. Pour hot chocolate into a mug.
Optionally, add the marshmallows.
Source: “Campfire Hot Chocolate with Peanut Butter Whiskey”. Recipe. www.champagne-tastes.com. N.p. 9 March 2022. Web. 10 Jan. 2023.
By Recipe Contributor