Simple yet satisfying walnut pesto paired with cheese tortellini makes for a quick, delicious lunch or dinner!
· 1 cup walnuts
· ⅓ cup lightly packed flat-leaf parsley with thick stems removed
· 2 cloves garlic (smashed)
· 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (plus more for serving)
· ½ cup olive oil
· ½ teaspoon salt
· ¼ teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
· 1 pound fresh or frozen cheese tortellini
· 1 tablespoon butter
1. In a food processor or blender, pulse the walnuts, parsley, garlic, Parmesan, oil, salt, and pepper to a coarse puree.
2. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the tortellini until just done, about 4 minutes for fresh and 12 minutes for frozen. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Drain the tortellini. Toss with 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water, the walnut pesto, and the butter. If the pasta seems dry, add more of the reserved pasta water. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan and pass more at the table.
Source: “Cheese Tortellini with Walnut Pesto”. Recipe. www.foodandwine.com. N.p. 26 Oct. 2018. Web. 13 Nov. 2023.
By Recipe Contributor
Products you buy through our links may earn us a commission which allows us to bring you more great travel content and giveaways.
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!