Chicago Hot Dogs
Famously served all around Chicago, these hot dogs are full of flavor and perfect to make for game days.
· 8 all-beef natural casing hot dogs
· 8 poppy seed hot dog buns or potato buns
· Yellow mustard for topping
· Sweet pickle relish for topping
· 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 8 wedges each
· 1 small yellow onion, diced
· 8 dill pickle spears
· 16 sport peppers or pepperoncini, whole or diced
· Celery salt for topping
Prepare the grill:
· Heat a charcoal or gas grill to medium heat, 350°F. You should be able to hold your hand over the grill for about 3 seconds before it’s too hot.
Grill the hot dogs:
· Place the hot dogs on the grill. Turn them with tongs as they cook, about 8 minutes total. You want a good amount of color on them. Transfer to a platter.
Build the Chicago dogs:
· Place a grilled hot dog in a bun. Top with yellow mustard, sweet pickle relish, 2 tomato wedges, onions, 1 dill pickle spear, and 2 sport peppers.
· The celery salt is strong, so you only need a light sprinkle over the dog to finish it up. Assemble the remaining hot dogs. Eat immediately!
Source: “Chicago Hot Dogs”. Recipe. www.simplyrecipes.com. N.p. 14 Feb. 2022. Web. 6 March 2023.
By Recipe Contributor
Did we miss one of your favorites? Reach out to WinniWanderer@winni.com or follow us on our Instagram or Facebook page.
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!