Rich, chocolatey, and with a hint of espresso, this bread will help you kick a chocolate craving!
· 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
· 2 cups granulated sugar
· 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
· 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1 1/2 cups milk
· 1 cup vegetable oil
· 3 large eggs
· 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
· 1 tablespoon instant espresso granules dissolved in 1 tablespoon hot water, optional
· 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels, plus 2 tablespoons flour
1. Preheat the oven to 325 °F. Spray (2) 8x4-inch loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Give the parchment a quick spray as well.
2. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Using an electric mixer, beat in the milk, oil, eggs, vanilla, and optional espresso mixture. Combine at medium speed with an electric mixer until combined.
3.I n a medium bowl, toss the chocolate chips with 2 tablespoons of flour (this will help to prevent the chips from sinking to the bottom of the batter), and gently stir into the batter. Spoon evenly into the prepared pans.
4. Bake in preheated oven until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 15-20 minutes. Let cool in the pans for 20 minutes. Remove the bread from the pans and cool completely on a wire rack.
Source: “Chocolate Bread”. Recipe. www.mybakingaddiction.com. N.p. Web. 28 Mar. 2023.
By Recipe Contributor
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!