Chocolate covered fruit can be garnished with chopped nuts, sprinkles, or sea salt to add some sweetness to your date night.
For every 1- 2 lbs. of fruit:
· 1 cup chocolate (I use Ghirardelli 60% cacao chocolate chips)
· 1-2 teaspoons coconut oil (or vegetable shortening)
Other items to try
· pretzels, marshmallows, graham crackers, bacon, bananas, dried apricots
1. Melt the chocolate, I typically either use the microwave or a double boiler
2. Microwave method:
3. Melt the chocolate at intervals and stir it often so it heats evenly every 20-30 seconds. I also don’t heat more than a cup of chocolate at a time to prevent it from overheating and I find it’s the right amount to work with before it cools off and becomes thicker.
4. Double boiler method:
5. with a stainless or glass bowl over a pot of simmering water (that does not touch the pot) melt the chocolate while stirring it in the bowl as the hot water heats from the chocolate from underneath the bowl.
6. Dip your fruit into the melted chocolate and lay it on a parchment or wax paper-lined baking sheet, then place it in the fridge to set up the chocolate. This usually takes about 15-20 minutes for the chocolate to completely set.
7. I serve the chocolate dipped fruit cold from the fridge.
Source: “Chocolate Covered Fruit”. Recipe. www.createdby-diane.com. N.p. Web. 8 Nov. 2022.
By Recipe Contributor