Classic Roasted Vegetable Quiche
Roasted veggies and cheeses give this veggie quiche a rich flavor.
For the Vegetables:
· 1.1 pounds (500 grams) butternut squash, peeled and cubed
· 1 medium red onion, quartered
· 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and thickly sliced
· 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
· 10 medium cherry tomatoes, halved
· 1/4 cup olive oil
· Salt, to taste
· Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the Quiche Mix:
· 5 large eggs
· 6 3/4 ounces (200 milliliters) whole milk
· 3 1/2 ounces (100 milliliters) heavy cream (20 percent butterfat), or half-and-half
· 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
· 1/4 cup grated Gruyère cheese
· 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
· 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Make the Crust
1. Gather the ingredients.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place a baking tray in the oven.
3. Using the pastry, line the base and sides of a 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Gently press the pastry up against the sides, making sure there are no air bubbles. Trim to fit and prick the base with a fork. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes or until firm.
4. Line the pastry with foil and add baking beads or uncooked rice to blind bake.
5. Place the tin on the preheated baking tray in the oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden.
6. Carefully remove the foil and baking beads and set the pastry shell aside to cool.
Roast the Vegetables
1. Spread out the butternut squash, red onion, red bell pepper, asparagus, and cherry tomatoes in a large baking dish. Coat well with oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Roast in the oven for about 25 to 30 minutes until very slightly charred. Set aside and cool slightly; separate the onion layers.
Make the Filling
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs with the milk and cream. Stir in the cheeses, parsley, and salt.
2. Transfer the egg mixture to a liquid measuring cup with a spout.
Assemble and Bake the Quiche
1. Spread the roasted vegetables over the bottom of the pastry shell (which should be on the baking tray to catch any drips during baking).
2. Carefully pour the egg mixture over top. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until just set.
3. Let cool for a few minutes and serve warm or at room temperature.
• Cooled quiche can be kept in the refrigerator, covered, for up to three days. Reheat in the oven if serving warm.
Source: “Classic Roasted Vegetable Quiche”. Recipe. www.thespruceeats.com. N.p. 15 Feb. 2023. Web. 21 Mar. 2023.
By Recipe Contributor
Did we miss one of your favorites? Reach out to WinniWanderer@winni.com or follow us on our Instagram or Facebook page.
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!
A twist on a takeout classic will leave you full and your wallet happy.