Filling and tasty, stuffed peppers make a speedy meal that fuels a busy schedule.
· 1/2 c. uncooked white or brown rice
· 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
· 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
· 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
· 2 tbsp. tomato paste
· 1 lb. ground beef
· 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes
· 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
· Kosher salt
· Freshly ground black pepper
· 6 bell peppers, tops and cores removed
· 1 c. shredded Monterey jack
· Chopped fresh parsley, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a small saucepan, prepare rice according to package instructions.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 7 minutes. Stir in garlic and tomato paste and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Add ground beef and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Drain excess fat.
3. Stir in rice and diced tomatoes, season with oregano, salt, and pepper. Let simmer, stirring occasionally, until liquid has reduced slightly, about 5 minutes.
4. Arrange peppers cut side up in a 13"x9" baking dish and drizzle with oil. Spoon beef mixture into each pepper. Top with cheese, then cover baking dish with foil.
5. Bake peppers until tender, about 35 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake until cheese is bubbly, about 10 minutes more.
6. Top with parsley before serving.
Source: “Classic Stuffed Pepper”. Recipe. www.delish.com. N.p. 22 Aug. 2023. Web, 19 Sept. 2023.
By Recipe Contributor
Products you buy through our links may earn us a commission which allows us to bring you more great travel content and giveaways.
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!