Granola is a light, easy food to pack for a camping trip. It can be made hot or cold for a hearty, sweet breakfast.
· 1 cup rolled oats
· ½ cup chopped nuts
· ¼ cup cacao powder
· ¼ cup maple syrup
· 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
· pinch of salt
· 1 cup coconut flakes
· 4 tablespoons powdered milk
· 1 oz freeze dried raspberries, or other freeze-dried fruit (optional)
· Preheat oven to 300F
· In a large bowl, combine oats, nuts, cacao powder, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and salt until everything is evenly coated.
· Spread the mixture in an even layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes.
· Remove the baking sheet from the oven, add the coconut, then return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
· Remove the granola from the oven and let cool completely.
· Divide the granola between 4 zip top bags. Add 1 tablespoon powdered milk and ¼ oz freeze dried raspberries to each bag.
. In camp, add ½ cup water (hot or cold) the bag and mix. Enjoy!
Source: “Coconut Chocolate Granola”. Recipe. www.freshoffthegrid.com. N.p. 10 Dec. 2020. Web. 10 Jan. 2023.
By Recipe Contributor