Bring the taste of Bermuda to your table with these delicious Cod Fish Cakes.
· 1 lb. cod
· 3 cups mashed potatoes
· 1 egg
· ½ teaspoon pepper
· 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
· ¼ teaspoon thyme leaves
· 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
· 1 small onion (chopped or grated)
· cooking oil
1. Cook the fish and flake it with a fork.
2. Mix the fish with the mashed potatoes. Beat the egg in a large bowl, then add it to the potato mixture.
3. Mix well, then season with salt, pepper, thyme, parsley, and onion. Dust a large plate with flour, then shape the mixture into patties and arrange on the plate. Dust the tops with a little more flour.
4. Heat a generous amount of oil in a skillet and add the fish cakes. Fry on both sides until golden brown.
Source: “Cod Fish Cakes”. Recipe. www.food.com. N.p. Web. 28 Apr. 2023.
By Recipe Contributor
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!