Slice up some fruit, grab some pretzels and start dipping into this yummy dessert hummus for a snack that won’t break the bank!
· ¼ cup maple syrup
· ¼ cup cocoa powder
· ¼ cup natural peanut butter or other nut butter
· 1/3 cup almond milk or dairy milk – add more as needed
· 2 teaspoons espresso powder
· ½ teaspoon cinnamon
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
· Pinch of salt
· 19 oz. chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1. Combine - In the base of a 7 cup food processor fitted with a steel blade, combine all ingredients except for the chickpeas.
2. Blend - Blend for 1 minute, scraping down the sides of the food processor halfway through, until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
3. Add chickpeas - Add the chickpeas and process for 2-3 more minutes, scraping sides down and adding more milk as needed.
4. Serve - with fresh fruit, cookies, rice cakes, toast, or pretzels.
· Dessert hummus can be kept in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
· If you do not have a food processor, a high-speed blender like a Vitamix may work. Cheaper blender models won't be able to blend this hummus.
· peanut butter may be swapped for almond butter or Sun Butter
· almond milk may be swapped for your favorite dairy or non-dairy milk
· If you are looking for the smoothest hummus possible, consider taking the following extra steps:
1. Overcook your chickpeas (if cooking from scratch).
2. Peeling your chickpeas- squeeze the skin off using your thumb and forefinger.
Source: “Creamy Chocolate Dessert Hummus”. Recipe. www.sweetpeasandsaffron.com. N.p. 10 Oct. 2021. Web. 14 Mar. 2023.
By Recipe Contributor
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!
A twist on a takeout classic will leave you full and your wallet happy.