Warm up with a bowl of creamy mushroom gnocchi which goes great with a salad or crusty bread.
· 1 package gnocchi 17.6 oz (or 1 recipe homemade gnocchi)
· 1 tablespoon butter
· ½ onion diced
· 2 cloves garlic minced
· 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
· ½ cup dry white wine
· ½ cup chicken broth
· 1 teaspoon cornstarch
· 1 cup heavy cream
· ⅛ teaspoon dried thyme leaves or 2 sprigs fresh thyme
· 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese fresh grated, plus extra for garnish
· fresh parsley for garnish optional
1. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
2. Stir in mushrooms and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
3. Add white wine and simmer until it has almost evaporated.
4. Mix chicken broth with the cornstarch. Add chicken broth, cream, and thyme to the pan with the mushrooms. Simmer for 5 minutes or until reduced by half and slightly thickened.
5. While sauce is simmering, cook gnocchi according to package directions. Drain well but do not rinse.
6. Add parmesan cheese to the sauce stir. Add gnocchi and simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat and rest 2-3 minutes before serving.
7. Garnish with parsley and additional parmesan cheese if desired.
Source: “Creamy Mushroom Gnocchi”. Recipe. www.spendwithpennies.com. N.p. 30 Oct. 2021. Web. 13 Nov. 2023.
By Recipe Contributor
Products you buy through our links may earn us a commission which allows us to bring you more great travel content and giveaways.
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!