Chicken Marsala paired with pasta or mashed potatoes is a meal that will fill you up and be a good recipe to keep in your weeknight rotation.
· 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
· 8 chicken cutlets or 4 chicken breasts, sliced in half (about 1.5 lbs.)
· Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
· 2 tbsp. canola oil
· 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
· 1 (8-ounce) package sliced mushrooms
· 1/3 c. chopped onion (about 1/2 small onion)
· 2 cloves garlic, chopped
· 1/2 c. dry Marsala wine
· 3/4 c. chicken stock
· 1/2 c. heavy cream
· 1 tsp. fresh thyme, plus more for garnish
1. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Use a meat tenderizer or the bottom of a sturdy cup to pound chicken to about 1/4 inch thick. Season with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour, turning to coat all sides. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in batches, turning once, until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate and tent to keep warm. Reserve skillet.
2. Pour off oil from skillet. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add mushroom and onions. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add wine, stock, cream, and thyme. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 14 to 16 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Return chicken to pan and toss to coat. Serve immediately garnished with thyme.
Source: “Fast Easy Chicken Marsala”. Recipe. www.countryliving.com. N.p. 19 March 2023. Web. 19 Sept. 2023.
By Recipe Contributor
Products you buy through our links may earn us a commission which allows us to bring you more great travel content and giveaways.
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!