Fig & Honey Cheesecake Galette
Figs, a cheesecake layer, and a buttery crust are the elements of this delicious galette.
· 1 ¼ cups all -purpose flour
· ½ teaspoon salt
· ½ teaspoons sugar
· 4 tablespoons (½ stick frozen butter), cut in cubes
· 4 tablespoons (½ stick chilled butter), cut in cubes
· ¼ cup ice water
· 4 - 5 figs of medium to large size
· 3 oz cream cheese
· 1 ½ oz mascarpone
· 3 tablespoons honey plus extra for drizzling
· ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
· egg wash (egg yolk, plus 1 tablespoon water)
1. Make galette dough. Mix the flour, salt, and sugar together. Cut in the butter using a pastry cutter or food processor. Add the ice water and mix until the dough begins to come together. Turn the dough onto plastic wrap and use the wrap to press the dough together and form a ball. Flatten the ball to a disc and chill for at least 1 hour or overnight.
2. Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out into a circle a little over a foot in diameter - accuracy is not too important here. Gently fold the dough into a triangle and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and unfold.
3. Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
4. Slice the figs at about a medium thickness. We want them more substantial so that they may hold up better during baking, but not so thick that they protrude out of the galette. Set aside.
5. Mix the cream cheese, mascarpone, and the honey together. Mix well and spread onto the galette, leaving a 1 ½ inch border all around.
6. Place the sliced figs all over the cream cheese mixture in a circular pattern. Fold over the edges of the galette onto the figs. Brush the egg wash over the galette dough.
7. Sprinkle the cracked black pepper over the galette.
8. Bake for approximately 20 - 25 minutes, or until the edges are a golden brown. Drizzle with more honey if desired prior to serving.
Source: “Fig & Honey Cheesecake Galette”. Recipe. www.cookienameddesire.com. N.p. 13 Oct. 2021. Web. 1 May 2023.
By Recipe Contributor
Did we miss one of your favorites? Reach out to WinniWanderer@winni.com or follow us on our Instagram or Facebook page.
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!