A popular mixer for many cocktails, homemade grenadine syrup makes a great addition to a home bar.
· 2 cups pomegranate juice
· 2 cups granulated sugar
· 1 to 2 dashes orange flower water
1. Gather the ingredients.
2. In a saucepan, combine the pomegranate juice and sugar.
3. Bring to a slow boil, stirring constantly until all the sugar is dissolved.
4. Reduce the heat and cover.
5. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Allow the mixture to cool, then pour it into a small decanter or bottle with a tight- sealing lid.
7. Add a dash or two of orange flower water (don't overdo it).
8. Seal the bottle and give it a few good shakes.
· This grenadine recipe makes about 3 cups or about 48 tablespoons. Most drink recipes use about 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time, so you should be able to get up to 48 drinks from a single batch.
· Fresh pomegranate is always a good choice. The fruits are typically in season from September through December. You will need to work with the juicy little seeds, however, which can be time-consuming.
Source: “Grenadine Cocktail Mix”. Recipe. www.thespruceeats.com. N.p. 15 Dec. 2022. Web. 24 Oct. 2023..
By Recipe Contributor
Products you buy through our links may earn us a commission which allows us to bring you more great travel content and giveaways.
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!