Flakey grilled fish is a light, healthy dinner option. Pair it with papaya relish and the crowd will go wild!
· 2 lbs. Hawaiian Fish* (such as Mahi Mahi)
· ½ c. fresh cilantro leaves
· ¼ c. white onion, minced
· 1 ¼ c. papaya, diced ripe
· ¾ c. red bell pepper, diced
· ¼ c. fresh cilantro, chopped
· 1 Tbs. fresh ginger, minced
· 2 Tbs. olive oil
· 2 Tbs. lemon juice
* Cut fish into 6 equal portions. Grill until fish flakes easily with a fork (cook about 10 minutes per 1-inch of thickness).
Papaya Relish - In a fine strainer, rinse white onion. Soak onion in ice water for 30 minutes; drain. Mix with rest of relish ingredients.
Arrange papaya relish and hot fish equally on 6 warm plates. Garnish plates with cilantro. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Source: “Grilled Hawaiian Fish with Papaya Relish”. Recipe. www.bigoven.com. N.p. Web. Sept. 2022.
By Recipe Contributor