Easy, cheesy quesadillas will be a crowd pleaser after a day of winter fun.
· 2 red peppers, seeded and quartered
· 2 green peppers, seeded and quartered
· 2 red onions, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
· 3 tablespoons olive oil
· 1/2 teaspoon salt and freshly-ground black pepper
· 6 mild Italian sausages
· 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
· 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
· 8 large flour tortillas
· sour cream
1. Preheat electric grill to medium-high heat. Toss together red and green peppers, onions, two tablespoons olive oil, salt, and pepper.
2. Grill sausages and vegetables, turning as needed, for 20 minutes or until sausages are cooked through and vegetables are tender. Let cool slightly.
3. Chop vegetables and slice sausage. Toss with cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. Arrange evenly over one side of each tortilla. Fold tortilla over to enclose filling. Brush outside of each quesadilla with remaining oil.
4. Grill for 3-5 minutes per side or until tortillas are golden brown and cheese is melted. Let stand for one minute. Cut each tortilla into four wedges. Serve with sour cream and salsa.
Source: “Grilled Sausage and Pepper Quesadillas”. Recipe. www.hgtv.com N.p. Web. 2 Jan. 2023.
By Recipe Contributor