Haupia (Hawaiian Coconut Pudding)
Smooth and creamy, Haupia is a Hawaiian coconut pudding that can be eaten by itself, spread between layers of cake as a light pudding-like frosting, or as a pie filling.
· 1/2 cup water
· 5 Tablespoons cornstarch (or arrowroot)
· 1 (13 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk (full fat ONLY)
· 1/4 cup sugar (you can use more to taste if you like it sweet)
1. Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Stir until cornstarch is dissolved then set aside.
2. In a medium-sized sauce pan over medium heat, combine coconut milk and sugar.
3. Whisk constantly until mixture begins to simmer.
4. While continuing to whisk, SLOWLY pour in the water/cornstarch mixture until it thickens.
5. Reduce heat to low and continue to whisk until you have a thick, pudding-like consistency (this is important, it needs to be thickened while it is heating, or it won't set up).
Source: “Haupia (Hawaiian Coconut Pudding)”. Recipe. www.favfamilyrecipes.com. N.p. 2 Sept. 2022. Web. Sept. 2022
By Recipe Contributor
Did we miss one of your favorites? Reach out to WinniWanderer@winni.com or follow us on our Instagram or Facebook page.