Homemade Sweet and Salty Popcorn
Is it sweet? Is it salty? It’s a little bit of both! Jazz up your next movie night with a festival-inspired favorite.
· 1/4 cup yellow or white popping corn
· 1 teaspoon butter
· 1 tablespoon honey or other liquid sweetener (or a little more or a little less depending on taste)
· 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
· Dash of salt
1. Add corn to a standard lunch-size brown paper bag and fold the top of the bag over twice, pressing the fold tightly so the bag stays closed.
2. Microwave the paper bag for 2 – 2 1/2 minutes or until there is a 5 second pause between pops.
3. Remove the bag from the microwave, transfer the popcorn to a large bowl.
4. In a small microwave-safe dish, heat butter, honey, vanilla, and salt in the microwave for 20-30 seconds or until butter is melted and honey is just bubbling.
5. Pour the butter mixture over top of the popcorn, tossing to popcorn to coat evenly.
6. Season with additional salt, if needed.
Note: Yields 1 serving.
Source: “Homemade Sweet and Salty Popcorn”. Recipe. www.nourishedtheblog.com. N.p. Web. 22 Feb. 2023.
By Recipe Contributor
Did we miss one of your favorites? Reach out to WinniWanderer@winni.com or follow us on our Instagram or Facebook page.
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!