This lemon chicken chowder is chock full of bright flavor and great to pair with a salad or crunchy bread for a filling weeknight meal.
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
· 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
· ½ teaspoon turmeric
· 1 cup chopped celery
· 1 ½ pounds baby potatoes, halved or quartered
· 1 small head cauliflower, separated into florets
· 4 cups chicken stock
· 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
· 1-2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
· ⅓ cup full fat canned coconut milk, (or heavy cream)
· Chopped fresh parsley and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Add the olive oil to an electric pressure cooker. Turn to sauté, add the onion and ¼ teaspoon salt and sauté for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the turmeric, stirring until fragrant.
3. Add the celery, potatoes, cauliflower, and ¼ teaspoon salt, stirring to combine. Add the chicken stock, chicken, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt, stirring until well combined.
4. Secure the lid, select the manual setting, and set it to high pressure for 20 minutes.
5. When the pressure cooker timer is done, quick release the pressure.
6. Remove the chicken, and shred or chop into bite sized pieces. Add back to the pressure cooker, along with the lemon juice and coconut milk, stirring to combine. It's okay if the cauliflower breaks apart, it will add texture and body to the chowder. Taste, adding additional salt, pepper, lemon juice, or parsley if desired.
Source: “Instant Pot Sunshine Lemon Chicken Chowder”. Recipe. www.realfoodwholelife.com. N.p. 9 July 2018. Web. 21 Sept. 2023.
By Recipe Contributor
Products you buy through our links may earn us a commission which allows us to bring you more great travel content and giveaways.
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!