Quick to make and easy to personalize – the Italian chopped salad is full of bold flavors!
· 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
· 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
· 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
· 1/2 shallot, finely chopped
· 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
· 1 tablespoon dried oregano
· 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
· freshly ground black pepper
For the salad
· 1 small head iceberg lettuce
· 1 head radicchio
· 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
· 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
· 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
· 4 ounces fresh pearl mozzarella, drained
· 4 ounces provolone cheese, diced
· 5 pepperoncini, stemmed and sliced
· 1 teaspoons oregano, for garnish
· sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, shallot, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper, and set aside.
2. Cut the iceberg lettuce in half through the core, then cut out the core. Slice the lettuce lengthwise into 1/4-inch strips. Repeat with the radicchio.
3. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, radicchio, tomatoes, chickpeas, mozzarella, provolone, and pepperoncini. Drizzle with the dressing and toss gently to coat. Season with salt and pepper and toss again. Sprinkle with extra oregano and serve.
Source: “Italian Chopped Salad”. Recipe. www.loveandlemons.com. N.p. Web, 20 Sept. 2023.
By Recipe Contributor
Products you buy through our links may earn us a commission which allows us to bring you more great travel content and giveaways.
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!