New Orleans Muffuletta Sandwich
Hearty meats, delicious cheeses, and the tang of olive salad create a sandwich balance that make tastebuds cheer.
· 1 10-inch round Italian bread
· 1 cup Olive Salad (See note)
· ¼ lb. Capicola or deli ham 4-6 slices
· ¼ lb. Genoa Salami 6-8 slices
· ¼ lb. Mortadella 4-6 slices
· ⅛ lb. Sliced Mozzarella 3-4 thin slices
· ⅛ lb. Provolone 3-4 thin slices
1. Slice the round bread in half horizontally and open it on a flat surface.
2. Brush both inner sides of the bread with oil from the Olive Salad or extra virgin olive oil, go a little heavier on the bottom.
3. Begin layering the ham, salami, and mortadella on the bottom half of the bread. Top with the cheeses.
4. Next, add the olive salad from the center out and spread it, leaving about a half-inch around the edge. Place the top half of the bread over the olive mixture and press down to let the bread absorb the olive salad juices.
5. Using a bread knife, slice the round sandwich into 4 to 6 wedges.
Optional: place the whole sandwich, before slicing, on a large baking sheet, and toast/warm-up in a 350F preheated oven for about 5 minutes.
Note: Olive Salad can be found in your local grocery store or purchased online.
Source: “New Orleans Muffuletta Recipe”. Recipe. www.laurafuentes.com. N.p. 17 Apr. 2023. Web. 18 Apr. 2023.
By Recipe Contributor
Did we miss one of your favorites? Reach out to WinniWanderer@winni.com or follow us on our Instagram or Facebook page.
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!