Quick to make, these no-bake energy bites are a great snack to bring anywhere!
· 1 cup old-fashioned oats
· 2/3 cup toasted shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
· 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
· 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
· 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (or vegan chocolate chips)
· 1/3 cup honey
· 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Stir everything together. Stir all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until thoroughly combined.
2. Chill. Cover the mixing bowl and chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours, or until the mixture is chilled. (This will help the mixture stick together more easily.)
3. Roll into balls. Roll into mixture into 1-inch balls.
4. Serve. Then enjoy immediately! Or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Note: Yields 20 – 25 energy bites
Prep Time: The prep time listed does not include time for the mixture to chill. To speed up the chilling, spread the mixture out on a small baking sheet and pop it in the freezer for 20-30 minutes until the mixture is cool.
Source: “No-Bake Energy Bites”. Recipe. www.gimmesomeoven.com. N.p. Web. 18 Apr.2023.
By Recipe Contributor
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!