This pumpkin hard cider cheese dip is great for game day, thanksgiving or as a delicious appetizer anytime!
· 4 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
· 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
· 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
· 1 clove garlic, minced
· 1 12-ounce bottle hard cider
· 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
· 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
· 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
· Kosher salt
· 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
· Pinch of cayenne pepper
· 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces
· 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (about 12 ounces)
· Chopped fresh chives, for topping
1. Cook the bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisp, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
2. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and garlic; cook, stirring, until incorporated, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the cider, pumpkin puree, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt, the pie spice and cayenne until smooth. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 3 minutes.
3. Gradually whisk in the cream cheese and cheddar until melted and smooth, about 2 minutes. Transfer the dip to a bowl, top with the bacon and chives if desired.
4. Serve with sliced apples or raisin-nut bread.
Source: “Pumpkin-Hard Cider Cheese Dip”. Recipe. www.foodnetwork.com. N.p. Web, 3 Oct. 2023.
By Recipe Contributor
Products you buy through our links may earn us a commission which allows us to bring you more great travel content and giveaways.
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!