Comforting and hearty is the name of the game for this pumpkin risotto dish.
· 4 cups bone broth (or vegetable stock)
· 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
· 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
· 1 shallot (minced)
· 1 teaspoon kosher salt
· 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
· 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
· 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
· 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
· 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
· 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
· Fresh ground black pepper
· 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
· 1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. In a medium saucepan, whisk together the stock and pumpkin over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and reduce the heat to low. Cover and keep warm.
2. Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven or saucepan over medium heat. Once the foaming subsides, add the shallot and salt. Cook until softened, 2-3 minutes. Add the thyme and rice and cook for one minute longer.
3. Add the white wine vinegar and a ladle of warm stock and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has evaporated. Add another ladle of stock and continue cooking until it evaporates again. Continue cooking, adding a ladle of stock at a time, and allowing to evaporate in between each addition. Cook until the rice is done, but has a bite to it, it should be creamy in texture, and will take about 20-25 minutes.
4. Mix in the parmesan, half of the parsley, and nutmeg. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with the remaining parsley, goat cheese and dried cranberries. Serve immediately.
Source: “Pumpkin Risotto with Goat Cheese”. Recipe. www.platingsandpairings.com. N.p. 20 Nov. 2017. Web. 3 Oct. 2023.
By Recipe Contributor
Products you buy through our links may earn us a commission which allows us to bring you more great travel content and giveaways.
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!