Ramen cooks up quickly and combined with freeze-dried vegetables and chicken it can be a great meal at the end of a long day on the trail.
Pack in a Food Vac bag:
· ½ cup freeze-dried red bell pepper
· ½ cup freeze-dried corn
· 1 cup freeze-dried sliced chicken
· 2 packets ramen
One Pot Method:
· Add 1 cup cool water to the vegetable and meat bag. Let rehydrate for 10 minutes.
· Add 4 cups water to a medium pot (a 2 Liter pot). Add in the rehydrated ingredients with any remaining water.
· Bring to a boil, add in the ramen, cook as directed on the package (3 to 4 minutes usually). Add the flavoring that comes with your ramen as directed.
· Divide between 2 bowls (or 1 bowl and the pot).
Source: “Ramen Soup Bowls”. Recipe. www.trailcooking.com. N.p. 29 Oct. 2022. Web. 10 Jan. 2023.
By Recipe Contributor