Strawberries and rhubarb come together in a classic combo for this light, delicious spring dessert.
· 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1-inch pieces)
· 1/3 cup sugar
· 1/4 cup orange juice
· Dash salt
· 1 cup heavy whipping cream
· 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
1. In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb, sugar, orange juice and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Cool slightly.
2. Process rhubarb mixture in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate, covered, until cold.
3. Just before serving, in a small bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. In parfait glasses, alternately layer whipped cream, berries and rhubarb mixture or serve mixed together in a larger serving bowl.
Source: “Rhubarb Fool”. Recipe. www.tasteofhome.com. N.p. 10 Feb. 2022. Web. 12 Apr. 2023.
By Recipe Contributor
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!