Creamy caramel with a hint of salt makes for a sweet treat after a meal or as a great gift!
· Cooking spray, for pan
· 6 tbsp. unsalted butter
· 3/4 c. heavy cream
· 1/4 c. water
· 1/4 c. corn syrup
· 1/2 tsp. vanilla
· 1 c. sugar
· Flaky sea salt, for garnish
1. Line a 9” x 5” loaf pan with parchment paper and spray generously with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium bowl combine butter and cream and microwave until butter is fully melted. Set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine water, vanilla, corn syrup, and sugar and stir gently stir to combine. Bring to a boil and place a candy thermometer inside your pan. Cook until the mixture is a deep golden color and reaches 320° F.
3. Slowly add cream mixture into pot, stirring after each addition. This will bring the temperature of the mixture down dramatically. Bring the mixture back up to 240° and remove from heat. Pour into prepared baking pan.
4. Let mixture cool 15 minutes before topping with flaky sea salt. Let cool 3 to 4 more hours before cutting into caramels and wrapping in wax paper.
Source: “Salted Caramels”. Recipe. www.delish.com. N.p. 20 Sept. 2021. Web. 25 Oct. 2023.
By Recipe Contributor
Products you buy through our links may earn us a commission which allows us to bring you more great travel content and giveaways.
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!