Sautéed Button Mushrooms with White Wine Sauce
Sautéed mushrooms make a great side dish and the white wine in this recipe adds a depth of flavor that will have you coming back for second helpings.
· 16 oz. (454 g) small button mushrooms (1 pound)
· 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil, divided
· 4 cloves garlic, chopped or crushed
· 1 onion, minced
· 1/2 cup (120 ml) white wine or broth
· 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
· 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) chili flakes
· 2 Tablespoons (30 g) butter
· 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) chopped parsley
· kosher salt, to taste
· fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
· Brush the mushrooms clean. Keep the mushrooms whole, or if they are large, cut them in half.
· Heat large skillet over high heat. Add half of the olive oil (2 tablespoons-30ml), then mushrooms. Cook and stir mushrooms until they start to brown and caramelize, about 3-5 minutes.
· Add remaining olive oil and then add onions and garlic, cook until translucent.
· Add wine, lemon juice and chili flakes. Cook for about 2 minutes or until liquid reduces down a bit.
· Add butter and chopped parsley, cook for an additional 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
Source: “Sautéed Button Mushrooms with White Wine Sauce”. Recipe. www.bestrecipebox.com. N.p. Web. Sept. 2022.
By Recipe Contributor
Did we miss one of your favorites? Reach out to WinniWanderer@winni.com or follow us on our Instagram or Facebook page.