Savory herbs and garlic make this delicious, budget-friendly meal great for dinner or meal prep for weekday lunches!
· 1 lb. chicken breasts boneless and skinless (about 2 medium-large breasts)
· 1 tsp smoked paprika
· 1 tsp garlic powder
· 1 tsp dried oregano
· 1/2 tsp onion powder
· Kosher salt and pepper to taste
· 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil divided
· 1 small head of broccoli broken into florets
· 1 large red bell pepper cut into 1’’ cubes
· 1 large red onion chopped into big pieces
· 1 tbsp minced parsley
1. Preheat your oven to 400F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Lay the chicken breast on the prepared pan and rub with the seasonings and half a tablespoon of olive oil.
3. In a large bowl, combine all the prepped veggies. Drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of oil. Season with salt and pepper and thoroughly toss to coat.
4. Arrange the vegetables around the chicken in the sheet pan.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink on the inside, and veggies are tender with a slight crunch. Allow the chicken to sit for a few minutes before slicing it.
6. Garnish with chopped parsley.
· You may use boneless and skinless chicken thighs. Nutritional values and cooking time will vary.
· Use any of your favorite veggies.
· The cooking time of the chicken may be different depending on your oven and how thick and large the chicken breasts are. Consider slicing the chicken breast so it cooks quicker or if you feel the chicken isn’t cooked thoroughly in 25 minutes, give it another 5-10 minutes.
Best to check the internal temperature of the chicken for doneness. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165F.
Source: “Sheet Pan Baked Chicken Breast with Veggies”. Recipe. www.healthyfitnessmeals.com. N.p. 19 Feb. 2022. Web. 13 March 2023.
By Recipe Contributor
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!