What is light and refreshing and doesn’t require turning on a stove or grill? Shrimp Ceviche!
· 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled, tails removed, diced
· 3/4 cup lime juice, fresh (about 6 limes)
· 1/4 cup red onion, diced
· 1/2 cup cucumber, diced and peeled (I prefer English cucumber)
· 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced
· 2 Roma tomatoes, seeds removed, diced
· 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
· 2 tbsp mayo
· 1 California Avocado, sliced
· 8 tostada shells
· Salt, to taste
1. Combine the raw shrimp and lime juice in a large bowl, so lime juice covers shrimp completely. Let sit for 15 minutes, or until shrimp is no longer grey. Drain (DO NOT RINSE) shrimp and discard lime juice.
2. Combine the onion, cucumber, jalapeño, tomato, and cilantro in a large bowl. Add the shrimp and mayo and stir to combine.
3. Serve on tostada shells with slices of avocado on top. Season with salt to taste. Enjoy!
Source: “Shrimp Ceviche Tostadas”. Recipe. www.iwashyoudry.com. N.p. 26 May 2015. Web. 27 June 2023.
By Recipe Contributor
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!