Savory spices give this sirloin steak its mouth-watering flavor. Pair it with the smooth tomato hummus to create dinner harmony.
Combine Dry Rub ingredients in small bowl. Rub evenly over beef Top Sirloin Steak. Place steak on plate; cover and refrigerate 15 minutes to 1 hour.
Prepare Garnish by heating oil in a small saucepan to 350° F. Frying in batches, place parsnip and Swiss chard into hot oil; fry about 2 minutes until lightly golden and crispy. Drain on paper towels. Season with salt, as desired. You may fry Garnish up to 8 hours ahead. Cook's Tip: French fried onions can be used in place of fried parsnip and chard.
3. Prepare Tomato Hummus by adding beans, olive oil, tomato paste and garlic to food processor bowl. Puree until smooth. If hummus is too thick, add 1 tablespoon water until you reach desired consistency. Season with salt, as desired. Tomato Hummus may be prepared 24 hours in advance.
Cook's Tip: You may substitute 1 cup prepared hummus for Tomato Hummus.
4. Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus; cook 5 to 6 minutes until asparagus is crisp tender. Stir in lemon juice and zest; cook 1 minute. Remove asparagus from pan; keep warm. Cook's Tip: Frozen asparagus may be substituted for fresh asparagus. Prepare according to package directions; toss with lemon juice and zest, as desired.
5. Place steak in same skillet; cook 15 to 18 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Season with salt, as desired. Remove steak from skillet; keep warm.
6. In same skillet, add wine and shallot; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until all brown bits attached to pan are dissolved. Add broth; cook 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in parsley and butter. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
7. Carve steak into thin slices. Place Hummus on bottom of each plate. Top with asparagus and steak. Drizzle steak with Pan Sauce. Top with parsnips and Swiss chard, as desired.
Source: “Smoky Sirloin Steak with Tomato Hummus”. Recipe. ww.beefitswhatsfordinner.com. N.p. Web. 17 Jan. 2023.
By Recipe Contributor
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!