Tastier than their frosty alternatives, Snowball cookies are delicious after some winter fun.
· 2 ¼ C. flour
· ¾ C. walnuts, finely chopped
· ½ tsp. unsalted butter, softened
· 1 tsp. vanilla
· ½ C. powdered sugar, plus extra for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine flour, walnuts, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Beat butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar with a mixer until creamy.
4. Turn the mixer to low and add flour mixture until combined.
5. Form dough into 1" balls and place on prepared pan.
6. Bake 8-10 minutes or until bottom edges of cookies are lightly browned.
7. Cool a few minutes until you are able to handle the cookies. Roll in powdered sugar and place on a rack to cool completely.
Any chopped nuts can be used in this recipe. To chop nuts quickly, give them a pulse or two in the food processor. You want them finely chopped but not powdery. A few bigger pieces is ok too.
Makes 24 cookies.
Source: “Snowball Cookies”. Recipe. www.spendwithpennies.com.
By Recipe Contributor