Whether you are spreading between two pieces of bread to grill or serving with a side of crackers and veggies this Southern Pimento Cheese will add creaminess and spice to your table.
· 2 cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
· 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
· ½ cup mayonnaise
· ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
· ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (Optional)
· ¼ teaspoon onion powder
· 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (Optional)
· 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimento, drained
Place the Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, onion powder, minced jalapeno, and pimento into the large bowl of a mixer. Beat at medium speed, with paddle, if possible, until thoroughly combined. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Source: “Southern Pimento Cheese”. Recipe. www.allrecipes.com. N.p. Web. 10 Oct. 2022.
By Recipe Contributor