Sweet pickle relish and salty bacon enhance the flavor of this creamy potato salad. Serve with hot chicken and cornbread to bring a perfect balance of flavor to your table.
· 4 pounds potatoes
· 3 hard-cooked eggs, grated
· 1 cup mayonnaise
· 1/2 cup sour cream
· 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
· 2 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
· 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
· 1 tablespoon mustard
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
· 1/2-pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
· Garnishes: chopped fresh parsley, grape tomatoes
1. Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover 40 minutes or until tender; drain and cool. Peel potatoes and cut into 1-inch cubes.
2. Stir together potatoes and eggs.
3. Stir together mayonnaise and next 7 ingredients; gently stir into potato mixture. Cover and chill. Sprinkle with bacon just before serving. Garnish, if desired.
Source: “Southern-Style Potato Salad”. Recipe. www.southernliving.com. N.p. 1 May 2018. Web. 10 Oct. 2022.
By Recipe Contributor