What slices easier than a calzone but has all the delicious goodness of a pizza? Stromboli, of course!
· 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
· 2 large eggs, separated
· 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
· 1 teaspoon dried oregano
· 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1/4 teaspoon pepper
· 8 ounces sliced pepperoni
· 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
· 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
· 1/4 to 1/2 cup pickled pepper rings
· 1 medium green pepper, diced
· 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives
. 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350°. On a greased baking sheet, roll out dough into a 15x10-in. rectangle. In a small bowl, combine the egg yolks, Parmesan cheese, oil, parsley, oregano, garlic powder and pepper. Brush over the dough.
2. Sprinkle with the pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, pepper rings, green pepper and olives. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under.
3. Position loaf with seam side down; brush with egg whites. Do not let rise. Bake until golden brown and dough is cooked through, 35-40 minutes. Warm the pizza sauce; serve with sliced loaf.
Source: “Pepperoni Pizza Loaf – Stromboli”. Recipe. www.tasteofhome.com. N.p. 14 July 2023. Web. 13 Nov. 2023.
By Recipe Contributor
Products you buy through our links may earn us a commission which allows us to bring you more great travel content and giveaways.
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!