Tempura Fried Ice Cream
Fried on the outside, sweet and creamy on the inside…what more could you ask for from a music festival dessert?
· 2 pt. ice cream
· 11 oz pound cake, 2 loaves
· 1 cup all-purpose flour
· 1 egg
· 1 cup cold water
· oil, for frying
1. Scoop out 6 balls of ice cream onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, and freeze for at least an hour, or until firm.
2. Slice pound cake into 1-2 inch (2 ½-5 cm) slices.
3. Lay three slices of pound cake on plastic wrap side by side and flatten with a rolling pin.
4. Wrap frozen ice cream ball in pound cake so it’s fully enclosed. Freeze for at least an hour, or until firm.
5. Make tempura batter by mixing flour, egg, and water a little at a time.
6. Heat oil to 400˚F (200˚C).
7. Coat the wrapped ice cream in tempura batter.
8. Carefully lower the coated ice cream into the oil and cook until golden brown, 15-30 seconds. Don’t cook for too long or else the ice cream will melt.
9. Remove excess oil by patting with a paper towel.
Serve immediately with your toppings of choice.
Source: “Tempura Fried Ice Cream”. Recipe. www.tasty.co. N.p. 2 Aug. 2019. Web. 21 Feb 2023.
By Recipe Contributor
Did we miss one of your favorites? Reach out to WinniWanderer@winni.com or follow us on our Instagram or Facebook page.
Be one of the first to see our insider offers, travel tips, first-hand reviews, recipes from around the globe, exciting vacation giveaways & more…straight to your inbox!